To search for a word or phrase in a large document, use the find command, in case you want to replace a word or phrase use the Replace option. 

Also read: how to spell check an ms office word 2007 document

To find a word or phrase:

  • Open the document you want to search in.
  • Click home ribbon.

      • From editting panel click on find icon. 

      • A dialogue box appears like the one shown below, type the word/ phrase to find  in the find what box. Click on find next. The result is highlighted within the document.

      You also would specify a search criteria by clicking on more! See how to by clicking here!

      Also read: can your car do this!!! See a video of a car evading traffic jam in a new and safe way

      To replace the found word/ phrase: 

      • Click the Replace tab (pointed by ared arrow below) to display the Replace with text box.

      • In the replace with box type in a word/ phrase to replace with the one found.
      • Click replace if you want to replace only the found word or click on replace all to replace all the occurrences of the found word.

        Leave a Reply

        Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

        You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

        Google+ photo

        You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

        Twitter picture

        You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

        Facebook photo

        You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

        Connecting to %s