Arithmetic calculations include: additition, subtraction, multiplication and division of values. To perform these coputations in a table then proceed as follows.
Also read: how to format cell/ table border in word
- Click in the cell the results are to be displayed then click on layout ribbon.
- Identify data panel then click on formula icon (dialogue box appears)
- In the formula bar type either of the following:
- To add contents of a column: =SUM(ABOVE)
- To add contents of row: =SUM(LEFT)
- To add contents of cells independently: =(X+X+X) where X is a cell entry.
- To multiply cell contents: =(X*X)
- To Divide cell contents by a given figure or entries of another cell: =(XX/X)
- To Subtract cell entries from another: =(XX-X)
- Click Ok to apply.