The commonplace PDF format remains a great way to quickly compile and publish electronic information.
The hard part comes when you try to change anything inside the PDF: They aren’t really designed for editing, and you need special software to tweak the content.
That’s why I got the best options for you to edit a PDF when you really need to make important changes.
1. Adobe Acrobat
The PDF format was created by Adobe, so it makes sense to turn to Adobe Acrobat apps when editing PDF files.
This a paid software however if you have a one-off PDF project that you really need to edit, you can start a free trial of Adobe DC and gain temporary access to the tools you need without investing in long term costs.
- Open a file in Acrobat.
- Click on the Edit PDF tool in the right pane.
- Click the text or image you wish to edit. Acrobat shows you the tools you’ll need.
- Add or edit text on the page. Lines and paragraphs reflow automatically, or you can click and drag to resize elements.
- Add, replace, move, or resize images on the page using selections from the Objects list.
- Click on the Link, Headers and Footers, Watermark, or Background tool to edit your PDF further.
Other ways to edit a pdf document include:
2. Use third party apps e.g.
- pdf xchange
- Pdf Sam
- Sejda online pdf editor
For beginners I recommend you to use Able2etract proffessional 12